I Demand an International Commission of Inquiry – Blessings from Hebron – Blogs – Israel National News
The latest act of war against Israel has resulted, among other things, in the demand for another international committee of inquiry to investigate the events that occurred on the Marmara.
Israel has recent, first-hand evidence with such investigative panels. Only a few months ago Flavius Goldstone, together with his underlings, determined that Israel committed war crimes against Gazan Arabs following over 8,000 missile attacks against Israeli civilians in Sderot, Ashkelon and Ashdod.
So, we know all about international inquests. But in this case, I think Israel should agree. On one condition: that a few other global investigations are convened prior to that dealing with the Marmara case.
For example, Israel demands international committees of inquiry to investigate:
1. The expulsion of Jews from France in 1182, 1306, and 1394.
2. The Edict of Expulsion, by which Edward I expelled Jews from England in 1290.
3. The expulsion of Jews from Germany in 1394
4. The 1492 expulsion of Jews from Spain by Ferdinand and Isabella.
5. The 1862 expulsion of Jews from parts of the United States by General Ulysses S. Grant, who wrote, ” I instructed the commanding officer at Columbus to refuse all permits to Jews to come South, and I have frequently had them expelled from the department…The Jews, as a class, violating every regulation of trade established by the Treasury Department, are hereby expelled from the Department… This order banished all Jews from Tennessee’s western military.
6. One million Jews expelled from Arab lands.
7. The Spanish Inquisition, during which Jews were forced to convert or were tortured and killed. Some 50,000 trials were held and at least 5,000 people murdered.
8. Pograms in Russia and Eastern Europe, in Kishnev, 1903 (50 dead), in Odessa, 1905, (2,500 murdered), post-1917 Russia, when it is thought that up to 250,000 Jewish civilians were slaughtered.
9. The Holocaust, when between six to seven million Jews were exterminated with world leaders looking in the opposite direction.
10. Continued threats and attempts to delete Israel from the map, beginning in 1948, through Nassar in 1967 and Mubarak in 1973, and continued terror attacks and rocket attacks, culminating with the Iranian threat to use nuclear weapons to exterminate the Jewish state.
Israel demands that all of the above incidents be investigated, to determine:
1. Who was responsible for the decisions made to persecute the Jews?
2. Why didn’t other people in those countries intervene to prevent the persecutions?
3. Why did neighboring world leaders turn a blind eye to the continued persecution, expulsion, forced conversions, torture and murder of neighboring Jews?
4. Have the Jews received proper compensation for the atrocities committed against them?
5. Has Jewish property and money, confiscated by local leadership, been returned to its rightful owners.
6. What measures have been take to ensure that such carnage will never again occur against the Jewish people?
7. Why didn’t world leaders, particularly those in the United States and England, do something to stop the mass murder of Jews during World War Two?
8. Why didn’t the United States and Europe utilize mass sanctions and other means against Soviet Russia to stop persecution against the Jews during the twentieth century.
9. Why did the United States demand that Israel allow Egypt and Syria to attack in 1973, without allowing Israel to preempt.
10. Why did the United States refuse to allow Israel to retaliate against Sadam Hussein during the first Gulf War, when Sadam was shelling Israel?
11. Why have US presidents actively intervened in Israeli politics, attempting to sway Israeli elections, (as did George Bush in the 1992 election between Shamir and Rabin, Bill Clinton during the 1996 elections between Peres and Netanyahu, and as is Obama, trying to cause a coalition crisis resulting in Tzippi Livni’s replacing Netanyahu as Prime Minister or forcing him to give her a senior postion)?
12. Why hasn’t massive international pressure been exerted to force release of captured Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit?
After all of these above matters have been dealt with to the satisfaction of the State of Israel, the Jewish people, and fair, righteous people around the world, and
After the guilty have been punished, and
After due compensation has been distributed to those affected and
After the all those who have wronged Jews for the past 1,000 years have expressed regret and remorse, and
After they have promised to insure that such events will never again occur, and
After a period of time, determined to test the veracity of the above guarantees, and
After it is proven that these pledges have been faithfully kept. and
After an international convention is commissioned to investigate how the Turkish government allowed terrorists to sail from their territorial waters in an attempt to commit acts of war against the neighboring country, Israel. (It should be remembered that in 1999, following a horrific earthquake in Turkey, Israel airlifted over 250 people, rescue equipment, and rescue dogs, as well as a field hospital, an operating room, x-ray equipment and two other clinics, providing immediate aid to the Turkish people,)
I will demand that Israel agree to another commission to investigate why the Jewish state allowed its soldiers to slide down ropes into the open arms of their enemies, waiting to kill them, instead of torpedoing the bastards immediately, as they should have.